Letterpress

Friday, April 26, 2013

Musician in training: Jeff Bronner




Being an older brother I have done my fair share of mischievous deeds to give my younger siblings a difficult time. I have told them enough fictitious stories, such as them being adopted, that I have probably scared them psychologically in some fashion. However, my little brothers have survived their hazing and are on their path of becoming the men they will be, but I digress. It is time to dive into the real reasoning behind this blog post and give respect where respect is due.



I feel that my brothers and I have always been attracted towards the creative side of life like a moth to a fluorescent glow. Each of use has pursued this desire to create and learn in different fashion. I have dabbled in music, recorded podcasts, and even tried to conquer my lacking grammar skills to write these blog post. My brother Louie has taken to playing guitar and writing songs of past mistakes. With a cigarette burning in his hand he transforms his experiences into lyrical testaments as he strum the strings. Even our brother Sean, who isn’t as creative, can be found swirling a drumstick ever nowand then trying to hammer up some new beat. Yet, the star of this blog post is the youngest brother Jeff and his many talents he has developed. It would seem he has become a blend of all his older brothers, drawing from our skills whiling avoiding our faults. He has taken too musical theater, acting, plays football at his high school, and is even a talented singer.  Jeff is your jack-of-all-trades but I want to focus on his developing skills as a musician. I had to the pleasure of spending a cloudy spring morning recording some covers of artists he is listening to presently. After a few mishaps and recording mistakes we were able to record two song covers he liked.    









Lastly, Jeff wrote and recored a song the night he helped me pick out my new guitar. I tweaked some of the vocals for him and the final product turned out well. The final song is a track Jeff composed himself called Sleep.




Well I hope anyone who listened to these songs has enjoyed them as much as we enjoyed recording them. Jeff is still young and has a lifetime to perfect the talents he is acquiring. Im for one excited to see where his talents take and Im extremely proud of the little guy. This is all I will rant on about him but I do fell like this kinda of makes us even for convincing him he was a robot I built when he was little. Kinda...

-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment