Letterpress

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Banner: January 2012

At long last, the blog is live. As I write this the members of Dash Files Media toil on content for the blog, which I imagine you'll see in the coming weeks.  For my first venture on the site I've decided to roll out my first in what will (hopefully) be a monthly series of drawings for the blog's banner, simply called The Banner.  




The Banner One thing I've never understood about some designers is how worked up they get over fonts. Most designers balk at even mention of the word "font" and will quickly correct you with "typeface".  In some design circles, talking trash about helvetica will get you thrown into a torture chamber straight out of Saw XI. 

The only experience I have with fon, er.., typeface, was for trying to differentiate the hundreds of CDs I've burned by coming up with new fonts for each one. It's been a while since my rabid CD burning days, so in an effort to reach outside my comfort zone I aim to create a new banner for our site every month.
 


In site related news, I plan on rolling out my other column in a couple of day so keep your eyes peeled.  

-Edward.

1 comment: