Letterpress

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Bonnaroo Playlist


The Bonnaroo lineup was announced today and signed the fate of me and my fellow dashfilers. With Radiohead being one of the headliners it looks like me, Terry, and Edward will be taking a trip to Manchester, Tn. This will be my first Bonnaroo and my first time seeing Radiohead so it is safe to say that  I will be counting down the days until June 7th. However this news does come as bitter sweet because now I must begin to train myself physically and mentally for the trials I will face in the four day span of Bonnaroo, but before I ramble on to long I want give a little background on Bonnaroo. Also I have put together another playlist of artist we would love to see at Bonnaroo this year at the end of this article. 


Every time I hear a story or see a picture pertaining to Bonnaroo I can't help but think of Woodstock. This comparison isn't too far off though because it seems the Bonnaroo atmosphere captures the Woodstock ideals of free love, drugs, and awesome music. The modern day Woodstock "Bonnaroo" is a music festival that takes place in Manchester, Tn form June 7th to June 10th. Thursday usually starts off with a smaller set but allows for all those going to the festival to set up their camp sites on the 700 acres set aside and take in the local scenery. The festival takes place in an open field surrounded by trees and accompanied by a hot sun that bakes those who wait hours in the direct sun to see thier favorite band. I know personally we will be camped out at whatever stage Radiohead plays no matter how long the wait. At least there is a giant water spewing mushroom to cool us off afterwards. 


Bonnaroo might be a music festival that packs over 100 performances in to four days on ten different stages but there is so much more to do with your camping adventures. There will be art in all shapes and forms, a mini-film festivals, and even tents that are built like a  modern 70's influenced dance club with a DJ playing non-stop vibes. There is almost something for everyone who shares a passion for the music and art world. This being m first Bonnaroo I only know these things through research and stories from close friends. However, this year I will change this and June 11th I will be able to speak personally on the crazy mischief that takes place at Bonnaroo. Until that day finally comes to make our pilgrimage to Bonnaroo check out this playlist and bob your head to some good music to pass the time.



Bonnaroo Playlist:

  • Radiohead: Bloom
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers: By the Way
  • The Beach Boys: California Girls 
  • The Roots: You Got Me
  • Ludacris: Blueberry Yum Yum
  • Mimosa: Flourescence
  • Major Lazer: Pon de Floor (feat. VYBZ Kartel)
  • SBTRKT: Trials of the Past (feat. Sampha)
  • Phantogram: When I'm Small
  • Big Gigantic: Polarize 
  • Das Racist: Town business (ft. kassa overall) [prod. kassa overall]
  • Mogwai: George Square Thatcher Death Party
  • Black Star: Respiration 
  • Bens Fold Five: Song for the Dumped 
  • The Shins: Phantom Limb
  • Tune-yards: Business
Tickets go on sell Feb. 18th. 

Peace out
Chris

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment