Letterpress

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Coachella Playlist





I have recently discovered my newest addiction in the music world, “Wristbands weekend.” A handful of days packed with an assemblage of bands that will have the most devote music fan in a tug-of-war of which show to watch. These festivals have hours upon hours of live music paired with remarkable light show that overloads any observers’ visual perception. These music festivals always take place in beautiful locations varying from the mountains of Asheville, to the beaches of the Gulf Shores, and even the hot hot sun baked fields of Bonaroo. However, the thing I found myself most captivated by is the environment that these festivals emit of a large gathering of people with the only intent of having a good time. Wristbands weekend is always a great feast of awesome music that has me always coming back the next year for another barrage of musically enriched good times.





But first I need to give a little info on our first selected music festival this year: Coachella. This music festival takes place on the beautiful west coast in Indio, California. Most people will be camping in the surrounding fields eating out of the handful of food trucks and restaurants in the area. I will always have a special place in my heart for food trucks after being saved from the blistering cold at Moogfest by “The Pink Taco” with delicious pumpkin tacos and hot-spiced apple cider.



The atmosphere at Coachella will be hypnotizing as local artist design mind-bending works of art for people to gaze at between shows. Yet, the most attractive aspect of this festival is the line-up. This line-up has all most all of the bands that are on my bucket list of must see musicians excluding the elusive group Daft Punk. So in honor to a worthy music festival I extracted a small taste off the line-up of great bands like Radiohead, Explosions In The Sky, M83…..honestly there is to many to list so just check out the playlist I threw together for Coachella and go visit the lovely west coast.

Friday
  • Explosions In The Sky: Remember Me As A Time Of Day
  • M83: Steve McQueen
  • Jimmy Cliff: The Harder They Come (Reprised)
  • Deerhunter: Helicopter
  • Breakbot: Baby I'm Yours (feat. Irfane)
  • Arctic Monkeys: Fluorescent Adolescent
Saturday
  • Radiohead: There, There
  • God Speed You Black Emperor!: Gathering Storm
  • St. Vincent: Strange Mercy
  • We Were Promised Jetpacks: Quite Little Voices
  • Flying Lotus: Galaxy in Janaki
  • Mt. Eden: Oh That I Had
Sunday
  • Snoop Dogg featuring D'Angelo and Dr. Dre: Imagine
  • Justice: On'n 'On
  • Calvin Harris: Electroman
  • Goyte: Somebody I Used to Know (feat. Kimbre)
  • DJ Shadow: Six Days
  • Modeselektor: The White Flash (feat. Thom Yorke)
Well I hope you enjoy the playlist and I will do my best to post a new playlist about every two weeks.

Far out man
-Chris 

No comments:

Post a Comment