Letterpress

Friday, February 24, 2012

A Random Thought




Most days I find myself lost in reflection as I subconsciously gaze over the sea of faces we encounter in everyday life. Lost in puzzling questions such as “What truly goes on behind the mask we wear in public?” Do we all debate over present day dilemma that could hinder our future or do we find ourselves stuck in the trench of everyday toils and the stress which accompanies it? I always catch myself wondering how a certain person arrived at the present state they are in and how does their view of the world differ from mine. With the idea of solipsism I can only truly understand myself and apply my views and experiences to understand the minds of others, which always leaves me with a sense of isolation in a social world. This isolation has seemed to manifest itself with technology as we walk blind and deaf through our surroundings as the hum of music usually fills our ears and our eyes are fixated on a little screen connected to our digital self by means of text messages and social media updates. These distractions cause the people surrounding us to be nothing more then leaves tumbling in the wind as we walk like ghost invisible to others behind our technological shields. So my random question for the day is “ Why concern yourself with how others perceive you when most people are to busy analyzing themselves to differentiate you from the tumbling leaf in the wind?”   

Just something I was thinking about while walking on campus and listening to some post rock. So while you yourself dwell deeper on the topic at hand push play on the link below to listen to one of my favorite post rock songs at the moment: Fragile by God Is an Astronaut. It will get your creative juices flowing. 


#Highfashion
~Chris


1 comment:

  1. You're thoughts do not fall on deaf ears. Only senseless word-logged ears. These thoughts pass through my mind only to rust my hopes for an interconnected stream of consciousness. We are decayed remnants of a vengeful existence formerly known as humanity. Enter the age of technological enlightenment. 2 + 2 = 5

    ReplyDelete